Countdown to Departure Day

Wednesday 23 February 2011

How the funds were raised - part 1!

Today, strike bowler Daniel Houghton from Burscough CC tells us a bit about his sponsored swim!

I did a sponsored swim of 64 lengths (1 Mile) of Nye Bevan Swimming pool. I had been training for about 6 weeks. I felt a bit nervous at the start, but as soon as I stepped in the pool I was away! I managed to reach about 40 lengths before I felt a little tired, however my determination to swim 64 lengths was mighty strong.  That’s when I really gave it my all! I felt so proud and happy when I had completed my sponsored swim; the hard work had paid off! I am really looking forward to our Pre-season tour to the West Indies and can’t wait for the day to come when me and the lads are on the plane and on our way to Barbados! The highlight of the tour will be playing on Kensington Oval. It will be amazing to play on the wicket and to see our names on the scoreboard. The humidity will be tough, and it will test our ability! Nevertheless I am really excited about playing cricket in another country and we will just have to wear plenty of sun cream. This will be an amazing experience which I will never forget and will stay in our memory forever!!

Look out for other fund raising tales, including Lewis Wright's sponsored bike ride from Blackpool to Accrington, Chris Brownlow's "Club to County" Bike Ride from Horwich to Old Trafford and Jake Brown's sponsored run from the Reebok Stadium to Wigan.
Rumours that James Seward did a sponsored silence are yet to be confirmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment